Will complete bulk of thesis research so I can graduate in 2005-2006 academic year.
Will donate larger fraction of income to charitable organizations.
Will limit blog-reading to two times a day, or fewer.
Will strive for more generosity of spirit and less petulance in my blogging.
Will publish one, preferably two conference papers.
Will learn how to deal with conference deadlines without skipping the gym, spurning my friends, and generally dropping off the face of the Earth.
Will buy and read:
- Spikes: Exploring the Neural Code, by Fred Rieke, David Warland, Rob de Ruyter van Steveninck, and William Bialek.
- The Pentagon's New Map, by Thomas P. M. Barnett.
- Rational Herds: Economic Models of Social Learning, by Christophe P. Chamley.
- Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed, by Jared Diamond.
- All the books I bought over the holidays.